console.debug(‘TRINITY_WP’, ‘Skip player from rendering’, ‘is single: , is main loop: 1, is main query: 1’);console.debug(‘TRINITY_WP’, ‘trinity_content_filter’);
MADRID: Pau Gasol denied Spanish media reports on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) that he has reached a deal to return to Spain to play for Barcelona.
Gasol said on Twitter he remains ‘’focused on my recovery, and I am not ready to get back to competing just yet.’’
Media reports in Spain said he had chosen to return to the team where he began his career in the late 1990s.
The 40-year-old Gasol has been focused on regaining his fitness in preparation for playing in his fifth Olympic Games. Last year, he said he needed to be playing this season to give himself a chance of making it to the Tokyo Olympics.
‘’As soon as I have something to announce, I will do so via my social media channels,’’ said Gasol, who has been out of action for almost two years after undergoing foot surgery.
On Thursday (Friday in Manila), the three-time Olympic medalist for Spain posted a video of him training. He said he was ‘’every week, feeling better and stronger!’’
Gasol won two NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. He also played for the Memphis Grizzlies, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs and Milwaukee Bucks.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.